Sunday, October 4, 2020

Eight Values Of Free Expression

Individual Self-Fulfillment 

    I believe the freedoms that give the people the most power in having their own thoughts whether those be right or wrong are the most important in today's society. We live in a time in which people are condemned for some actions and when those same actions are reciprocated the individual who propagated them isn't held accountable. 

    The biggest issue that comes to mind is that of people with large platforms in social media, Cardi B. She has a platform that enables her to talk to a large majority of American society, and with that, I believe you have a responsibility and one of those responsibilities is to uphold good morals and examples for people. 

    
Cardi B does not exhibit such things with her platform and instead has stated that she has drugged men and robbed them in her past, and her reasoning for doing such? "I made the choices I did at the time because I had very limited options" That reasoning frankly is a load of ******** to me because many other people and even celebrities have done heinous things and have had their careers and livelihoods smashed to smithereens meanwhile Cardi B stands tall despite her having done horrible things to men. My gripe with this is the fact that she has yet to receive the same treatment as her cohorts despite undertaking such horrific acts in her youth. How this relates back to Freedoms of expression, I think everyone should be able to weigh in on such events, people can regulate people. Though the sad part to me is that with that in mind, many will have a bias in doing so, leaving some to become easier to 'target'/ weigh in on. The fact is for me, some people have the wrong opinion, but there's a crucial way of thinking. Just because I believe that they are wrong doesn't mean that I have should bash or go after them just on that fact alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Online Footprint

 My Onlin e Footprint      The online footprint I have is largely in videogames and less on social media. I have a few forms of it including...